Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just a little recap:

Here is a photo from the first few weeks I was here when Norris and Craig let me shake the pecan tree. This is the machine that is used during harvest season. The long arm extents out towards the tree and grabs the main part of the trunk. Then it makes really small, quick shakes and all the pecans come falling down. It was a really fun experience

This is just a photo of a house in
Americus that I found interesting. This was taken with morning sun which I think is just super pretty.

Here are two of the male cows. The one on the left is a Brahman and is the breeding male. His breed is from India so they are naturally very heat tolerant. This is why
Koinonia chose him so that the cows in the future will have a higher tolerance for the hot Georgia summers.

Last night a few of us went camping out along the Peace Trail. I pulled my camera out to take some pictures but the battery was dead. I was a bit disappointed but there is always next time. Here is a photo of where we stayed that I took a few weeks ago. This is the meditation gazebo with a fire pit just to the right of it.

We took the tracker with a trailer hooked to the back with all the tents, sleeping bags, firewood, food, and water we needed. It was a nice little ride out there and Ida was super cute sitting in the back with all the blankets and pillows. We had a lovely evening of yummy Koinonia raised pork and smo'res. We had three drums that got a lot of use (including mine!). I really enjoyed that time. I've been waiting for an opportunity to play with some other people and I couldn't have asked for a better setting. Some people left once it got late but Brendan, Ida, Brandon, Mary, Nashua and I stuck around. It got pretty cold but we survived and definitely appreciated the warm fire in the morning.
It was a great Saturday evening and I can't wait to do it again once it warms up a bit more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome! Love the picture of the blue house. Would love to have been camping with you, getting to know your new friends. They sould like a great bunch of people. Stay safe and well! Miss you. Mike

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun on the camping trip!!

brian said...

Hey Janiece! Your experience sounds great and like you're having a blast. Your pictures are fantastic! Is it rather quiet where you are? Looks like it is. Do you see many stars at night? Looks great. Talk to you soon :)