Sunday, January 31, 2010






Hello Hello.
The first seven pictures are from my drive between Houston and Americus. The tiger was at a truckstop off I-10 in Louisiana. Seemed to me like they just really loved the animal and were interested in raising money to donate to zoo's.


I made it safe to the farm late last night. I drove in after dark and went to the Welcome Center to pick up my welcome-packet they had been left for me in the mail box. The first page was a map of the farm which had my room highlighted. I made my way over to the house and found my room. The place a quiet and chilly but instantly relaxing. I moved my stuff in after exploring the place a bit. After getting settled in i spent some time catching up on my journals, brushed my teeth, and headed to bed.
I slept great and was woke up around 10am to the sound of my new roommate arriving. I met her (Tabitha) and her father and one of the year-round residents here on the farm. (Nashwa; Nash for short) Nash seems like a pretty interesting guy. He mentioned needing to go into town to work on some immigration stuff for a few local citizens. Am looking forward to hearing more about that..
After a short meet and greet we went in to town to pick up a few things for the week and also for the potluck dinner tonight. I chose to bring fruit. (fresh pineapple and a bag of oranges) My next task is to find a knife big enough for the pineapple..
Below are just a few pictures of where I'll be staying. I'll take more pictures of the farm over the next few days when the sun is suppose to come out. For now though I'm off to find a knife, drink some tea to keep warm, and explore the property!


Above : full bedroom view; main area that all other rooms in the house are connect to - the room i'll be staying in is where the door is open

Above: the kitchen area in mine and Tabitha's room; my corner of our bedroom

Above: The front door to the main part of the house; a view of the enclosed patio on the front of the house; the front door to our room

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whhhohhooo, you are there! Thanks for the quick picture update, can't wait to see and hear more! Mom xoxo

NullSyn said...

That all sounds really exciting. It was nice to meet and visit with you the short time I did in Denton. Hopefully, we'll bump into each other again some time!
-John Osburn

Kat said...

So glad you made it. I heard it was really a wet trip. I can't wait to hear about it all. Stay Safe. Kat

Unknown said...

Love seeing your sweet face looking so happy. Can't wait to read all your farming adventures.