Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hello again. Sorry it's been so long since my last post! Sometimes when I come to the internet cafe the BlogSpot page won't open.
Here I am though, alive and well!
First off, I'd just like to say, that this place has been extremely challenging for me spiritually but I'm starting to feel live I'm coming out on the other side. I was (and still am) wading through some pretty heavy muck but I'm beginning to sense that even though I feel like I'm not getting any clear answers, at least I'm not alone.
I've been reading The Shack (thanks Emily) and it's has been challenging and freeing all at the same time!
Apart from my spiritual journey, which I feel has finally, truly began..I have been doing great in all other areas. I haven't gotten sick which I'm so thankful for and I still have everything I need. (Thanks mom for helping me be so prepared!)
This morning we spent a couple hours learning and practicing traditional cloth stamping and this afternoon was spent drumming and singing. The rhythms here are completely different from those I've grown accustomed to hearing so sometimes its difficult. When I finally get into the groove though its fascinating!
I'm really looking forward to this upcoming weekend. We will be going on a hike through the jungle in Cape Coast! I'll be sure to let you know how that goes.
I'm running low on minutes on the computer so I better run. Again thank you for all your support!
Also, leave comments because I love hearing from home when I get a chance to come to the internet cafe.
I hope all your lives are going well!

- Listen. Love. -

9 comments:

Coli J said...

I wonder if I will be able to get through any of your posts without tearing up. hahahaha ; ) Sheesh!

Journeys are such incredible things. I say that as an observer, because honestly there are times when I don't personally enjoy journeying. But looking from the outside in, I can so see the purpose in them. Africa is bringing out some beautiful things in you, Janiece!

I read The Shack this month too. So wonderfully life changing!

Rhythms. Wish I could hear them. Hear you. See you, sitting around ... learning the culture. I hope you are taking pictures, although they won't do a bit of justice. But right now it's all my imagination, so anything would help.

Can I tell you a secret??? God willing, I am going to Africa next year for a month!!!!!!!! I know, much to explain. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

As always friend, I LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

You are welcome! Glad some of my fussing and planning is paying off for you! LOL. Keep staying safe and healthy so you can experience the most of every day there! Love you Lots! xoxo

majc said...

I am a friend of your mom's. Thank you for sharing with all of us. We are praying for you and can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about the people you've met.

Unknown said...

Cool blog, wish I was there to take pictures for/with/of you. I doubt I could ever improve on your graduation pics tho. :0) The slum pic on here is amazing.

Let your (really God's) love keep on shinin'.

I love you! b

McKenzie said...

Hi seestur!!! I'm so glad to hear that your enjoying your time in Africa!! I know how much this trip means to you. Continue to be safe and healthy while your there. I can't wait to see you when you get home. I love you!

Coli J said...

I know Jeremy is with you there now. Wondering how ya'll are doing?!?! These are your last days. Make the most of them. : )

Anonymous said...

more posts?

Anonymous said...

I have spoken to Janiece by phone and all is well. She, Lindsey and Jeremy are safely in Sierra Leone. The place they are staying is very very nice compared to the beach huts in Ghana. Unfortunatley, they do not have access to the Internet.... They are visiting schools, filming and photographing and meeting all they can to see where they might be able to help the most.

Coli J said...

Heading home tomorrow, right? Not sure if you are ready to leave, but we are ready to have you home.